Five Gangnam Style-Inspired Treats
Gangnam Style has taken the world by storm, and the food world is no exception. We rounded up five creative sweet treats that pay an homage to PSY's viral success:
5. Gangnam Cake (see above) So the YouTube video doesn't offer much explanation. You'll probably just get hungry watching them cut the cake to the tune of the song. Although PSY looks a bit pink as frosting, the detailing is amazing.
4. Gangnam Bento School lunches can get boring, so why not spice it up with a bit of style? The bento comes from a Malaysian bento catering company where they deliver cutesy meal boxes to you for lunch. We wished we had that here.
3. Gangnam Latte Heyyy, sexy latte. We're not entirely sure where this came from, but it's been making rounds around the Internet lately. Major props to whoever managed to make it.
2. Gangnam Cookies Eh . . . so these aren't the most aesthetically-pleasing-looking cookies, but you get what she was going for. Tighten up the frosting work, and they'll be selling in no time. The cookies are made with a basic sugar-cookie recipe.
1. Gangnam Cupcakes Teacake Bake Shop in Emeryville, California, made these beautiful Gangnam cupcakes. Apparently they took forever to decorate. According to the Facebook page: "These took quite a long time to design and make so we aren't taking orders right now as the price per cupcake would be ridiculously high! We did this for fun and just wanted to share them out."
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to New York dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.