Just Truss Us: Our 10 Best Thanksgiving Stories
Thanksgiving is a battlefield of a holiday, a war against our belt buckles that we knowingly enter year after year. The most triumphant participants are often the same ones who leave with whisky-breath, unbuttoned pants and the knowledge that they've eaten their weight potatoes. But this epic mess of an afternoon is one of the ultimate perks that comes with living in America today. To show our appreciation of the fourth Thursday in November, here's a look back at some of Fork in the Road's favorite Bird Day stories.
1. The five worst Thanksgiving dishes ever. If it looks like it's still in a can when it's on the table, it shouldn't be there.
2. Jacques Pepin reveals his turkey secrets. Three words: Steam. That. Bird.
3. Anita Lo tells us some awesome things to do with leftovers. Make turkey steamed buns!
4. Weekend Special: Escape From Thanksgiving! Robert Sietsema breaks from tradition and flees.
5. Native American harvest dishes (real Thanksgiving). Sweet. Corn.Next Page
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to New York dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.