Mother's Day Weekend Food Specials
Mother's Day is coming up on Sunday, and here at Fork in the Road, we've rounded up some restaurant deals and street fairs across the city to ease the planning process.
1) Toloache 50 A complimentary mimosa is offered for all mothers at brunch. A $30 prix fixe brunch is offered, including unlimited mimosas, a choice of main course such as chilaquiles, and pan dulce de leche.
2) Yerba Buena Perry and Yerba Buena Avenue A Mothers who come after 5 p.m. receive a $20 gift card. Some menu items: ensalada de langosta ($18) with lobster, avocado, passion fruit aji Amarillo vinaigrette, and tacos de cangrejo ($15) with crispy soft-shelled crab.
3) Kutsher's Tribeca From Zach Kutsher himself: "At dinner service, all moms will receive a complimentary glass of prosecco and some onion rolls to stuff in their purse for later. The side of guilt is free."
1) DBGB Kitchen and Bar Brunch a la carte from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., or three courses for $27.
2) Bar Boulud Brunch prix fixe from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., or three courses for $38
3) Maya Maya will be serving a Mexican prix fixe brunch from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Price is $35 per person. Includes shared appetizer, choice of entrée, and dessert. This will be the last day of service before the restaurant closes for a complete redesign.
4) FireBird Twenty-five-dollar two-course prix fixe menu of Russian-inspired brunch dishes. Mother's Day brunch will be served from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., with a la carte brunch continuing every Saturday and Sunday after. Each meal includes a glass of champagne, a mimosa, or a Bloody Mary.
5) Telepan Telepan will feature a special $38 two-course brunch from 11 a.m. until 3:30 p.m.
1) Hell's Kitchen Flea Market's Gourmet Food-Truck Festival Hell's Kitchen Flea Market celebrates Mother's Day this year with its Gourmet Food-Truck Bazaar from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Vendors: Red Hook Lobster Truck, the Milk Truck Grilled Cheese, Shorty's Philly Steaks and Sandwiches, Big D's Grub Truck, Palenque Home Made Columbian Food, Kelvin Natural Slush Co, Coolhaus.
2) Hester Street Fair Hidden in a lot on the Lower East Side, the Hester Street Fair has a mixture of vendors selling vintage art, jewelry, and, of course, food. Here's a roundup on some of the offerings. Hours: Every Saturday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to New York dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.