Now Cooking: Melting Skin and Severed Digits
Just in time for Halloween, Metromix has rounded up a bunch of chefs to talk about the worst kitchen injuries they've ever witnessed. It's hard to pick which is most disgusting, though Harold Dieterle's account of severing his tendon and Ryan Skeen's story about pouring boiling oil on his foot, taking off his sock and the skin with it, and then duct taping the whole mess together and returning to work are certainly contenders. Read with caution, and possibly an empty trash can next to your computer.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to New York dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.