Our 10 Best Meals in NYC Under $6
10. El Molino Rojo II: Mofongo with pork ribs and gravy (total: $4). 101 East 161st Street, Bronx, 718-538-9642
9. Tasty Hand-Pulled Noodle Inc.: Hand-pulled noodle soup with pickled mutton, mustard greens, baby bok choy, baby spinach, and a fried egg (total: $5). 1 Doyers Street, 212-791-1817
8. Yissel's 71 Chimichurri Truck: Chimichurri Dominican hamburger (total: $3.50). Corner of Fourth Avenue and 36th Street, Brooklyn, evenings-nights only
7. Russ and Daughters: A half-pound of chopped herring salad on a bialy (total: $5.79). 179 East Houston Street, 212-475-4880
6. Prosperity Dumpling: Five pan-fried pork and chive dumplings and a sesame pancake with beef (total: $2.75). 46 Eldridge Street, 212-343-0683; 4317 Eighth Avenue, Brooklyn 718-436-2516
The huarache with spicy pork from Guerrero Food Center
And finally, the top five meals under $6...
5. Ikea: Swedish meatball platter (total: $5.49). 1 Beard Street, Brooklyn, 718-246-4532
4. El Dugout Patacon Pisao: Full patacon with chicken, beef, and pork (total: $5.50). 431 West 202nd Street, at Tenth Avenue, 917-379-5288, evenings-nights only
3.Mumbai Xpress: Two vada pao sandwiches (total: $4). 25605 Hillside Avenue, Floral Park, Queens, 718-470-0059
2. Golden Shopping Mall: Chinese burger (total: $2.50). 41-28 Main Street, Flushing, Queens
1. Hua Ji Pork Chop Fast Food: Taiwanese pork chop over rice with pickled vegetables in pork sauce (total: $4.50). 7 Allen Street, 212-219-9876
Did we miss your favorite? Do tell.Previous Page
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to New York dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.