Pizza Hut Proposes Marriage, Dowry Only $10,000
Fork in the Road really can't think of a less auspicious way to propose marriage, and any real foodie, woman or man, would probably first gag, and then sputter out a resounding "No!": Pizza Hut is offering a Valentine's Day deal that includes a box of their awful pizza and bready breadsticks (plus two dipping sauces! woo-hoo!) and the following extraneous items, to be sent by you to a loved one as a packaged marriage proposal:
1. Limo service 2. A ruby engagement ring 3. A bouquet of flowers 4. A personal fireworks display 5. A professional photographer 6. A professional videographer
The all-in cost is $10,010, with the $10 presumably going to pay for the "pizza."
Only 10 of these deals are available, so you better act now! (And, if I were you, I'd have that ruby ring appraised right away. The smell of Cracker Jack may still be upon it.)
Thanks to FiTR San Francisco correspondent Tracy Van Dyk for the link.
Like this post? Take a gander at the rest of our blog.
Want more Fork in the Road? Follow us on Facebook if you like pretty pictures of food.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to New York dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Hold the Sugar: These Savory Tipples Require Serious Sipping
- With League of Kitchens, Learn Home Cooking from Immigrants from Around the Globe
- This Week in Food: Fake Wine Talk, French Mustard and Pastry Pop-Up, and a Filipino Feast
- Best Weekend Food Events: Fare Share Friday, Perilla's Final Hour, and Late Night Oysters