Taste Some Vegan Soft Serve on the Upper East Side
A newly opened dessert place called Vegan Divas up on the Upper East Side has introduced its own version of vegan soft serve for the tail end of the season. It's gluten-free, kosher, cholesterol-free, and made with an organic tofu base, vanilla bean, and ginger.
The three toppings included:
1) Homemade granola -- a mix of organic oats, walnuts, cranberries, flax seeds, raisins, kosher salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg 2) Brownie bits -- made with unbleached flour, non-dairy chocolate chips, and organic cocoa powder 3) Toasted coconut -- 100 percent pure coconut flakes
It's 60 calories for a 5 oz. serving and retails for $4.50.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to New York dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Hold the Sugar: These Savory Tipples Require Serious Sipping
- With League of Kitchens, Learn Home Cooking from Immigrants from Around the Globe
- This Week in Food: Fake Wine Talk, French Mustard and Pastry Pop-Up, and a Filipino Feast
- Best Weekend Food Events: Fare Share Friday, Perilla's Final Hour, and Late Night Oysters