The Ninth Annual Big Apple BBQ Block Party Will Indeed Take Place in Madison Square Park
Despite the ministrations of Community Board 5, the Big Apple BBQ Block Party will return to Madison Square Park this year.
Sixteen pit masters from across the country will convene on June 11 and 12 to ply New York with animal bits and bonhomie, and you can start buying tickets for the occasion right now. Pit masters representing New York are Kenny Callaghan (Blue Smoke), Charles Grund Jr. (Hill Country), John Stage (Dinosaur), and John Wheeler (Rack & Soul). For the full list of pit masters, click on through.
• Kenny Callaghan Blue Smoke, New York, NY Texas Salt & Pepper Beef Ribs
• Charles Grund, Jr. Hill Country, New York, NY Beef Brisket
• Joe Duncan Baker's Ribs, Dallas, TX St. Louis Style Ribs
• Jimmy Hagood BlackJack Barbecue, Charleston, SC Pulled Pork Shoulder
• Tommy Houston Checkered Pig, Danville, VA St. Louis Style Ribs
• Chris Lilly Big Bob Gibson Bar-B-Q, Decatur, AL Pulled Pork Shoulder
• Patrick Martin Martin's Bar-B-Que Joint, Nashville, TN Western Tennesse-Style Whole Hog
• Mike Mills 17th Street Bar & Grill , Murphysboro, IL; Memphis Championship Barbecue, Las Vegas, NV Baby Back Ribs
• Ed Mitchell Raleigh, NC Whole Hog, All-Natural Whole Turkey Barbecue
• Myron Mixon Jack's Old South, Unadilla, GA Beef Brisket
• Garry Roark Ubon's Barbeque, Yazoo City, MS Pulled Pork Shoulder
• Drew Robinson Jim 'N Nick's Bar-B-Q, Birmingham, AL Smoked Sausage
• Michael Rodriguez The Salt Lick BBQ, Driftwood, TX Beef Brisket, Sausage
• Mike Emerson Pappy's Smokehouse, St. Louis, MO Baby Back Ribs
• John Stage Dinosaur Bar-B-Que, New York, NY Pulled Pork Shoulder
• John Wheeler Rack & Soul, New York, NY Baby Back Ribs
Have a tip or restaurant-related news? Send it to email@example.com.
And follow us on Twitter: @ForkintheRoadVV.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to New York dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.