Things We Hate--Overused Food Words
Certain words are so overused in food writing, that they make our skin crawl. Which is not to say that we don't use them ourselves, we just don't like it when other writers do. Maybe you know some food words that put your teeth on edge.
Mouth Feel [does this really belong?]
* - when referring to a chef
** - when spoken by a waiter, and repeated endlessly every time something arrives at the table
***- thanks to Francis Lam (gourmet.com) for these
Look here to see another word we hate
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to New York dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Fawkner, an Americana-Inspired Gentlemen's Drinking Den in Cobble Hill
- Must-Have: The Creamy, Custardy, Salted Caramel Pumpkin Bar at Empire Cake
- Vegetarian Cider House Wassail Fizzes in the Glass and Dazzles on the Plate
- NYC's New World of Breakfast Sandwiches Will Vastly Improve Your Days (and Nights)