Top 5 Ways to Celebrate Nutella Day in New York
Driggs Pizza's Nutella pie
In a gift from the heavens, today, February 5 is World Nutella Day. New York is teeming with sweet snacks that highlight Europe's chocolate hazelnut spread, and these five dishes will leave you satisfied with chocolate-y goodness until next year's World Nutella Day.
5. Nutella Pie at Driggs Pizza Two years ago, the Nutella Pie was spotted at Williamsburg's Driggs Pizza. The dough is coated in gooey nutella, sprinkled with powdered sugar, and goes for $16. When we called them up, one of the workers was surprised to hear about the holiday. "To be honest, I had no idea."
4. Rice Pudding and Nutella Sundae at Midnight Express For $6 you can share this massive dessert with a possible Valentine at the Yorkville diner. This sundae has a mousse-like base, chocolate-hazelnut swirl, and cinnamon-dusted whipped topping. Plus fruit and obviously Nutella. Indulge.
3. Sort-of-Nutella Flavored Pinkberry Pinkberry's hazelnut frozen yogurt is available all over the city, and it may not be branded with luscious Nutella, but once you add some toppings, it tastes like a frozen flavor of the real thing.
2. Nutella-filled Cupcake at Molly's Cupcakes Chicago-based bakery Molly's Cupcakes on Bleecker Street sells this Nutella-filled cupcake for $4.06 after tax. If your dining partner is anti-Nutella (and anti-awesome), the Blueberry Cheesecake cupcake is a winner.
1. Crepes at Bar Suzette The French decadence in Chelsea Market can be traced to Bar Suzette and their sweet crepes. The Nutella varieties start at $5, but add fruits for just a dollar or two more.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to New York dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.