Masters, Juniors, and Novice Amateur Boxers came out Saturday Night to Gleason's Gym to show off their skills. Boxers from all over the New York City area took part in an exciting night of 14 bouts.
The fight card read:
1. Red: Armani Justice, Cops and Kids, 70 Novice
Blue: Eugeny Belilouskiv, Bar Boxing, 70 Novice
2. Red: Robert Dyton, Gleason's, 165 Masters
Blue: Kerry Dasher, Jarvell BC, 165 Masters
3. Red: Don Rabkin, Bars Boxing, 123 J.O.
Blue: Brandon Cox, Cops and Kids, 123 J.O.
4. Red: Anthony White, Fitness BC, 197 Masters
Blue: Michael Pasternak, Unattached, 197 Masters
5. Red: Jacques Richardson, Cops and Kids, 118 J.O.
Blue: Ariel Lopes, Gleason's BC, 118 J.O.
6. Red: Isah Washington, Mt. Vernon BC, 151 J.O.
Blue: Alban Kaziv, Cops and Kids, 151 J.O.
7. Red: Curdell Hoskins, JR., Inwood BC, 178 Masters
Blue: Javon Swindell, John's Gym, 178 Masters
8. Red: Paul Sanwald, Gleason's BC, 165 Masters
Blue: Jairo Maya, Unattached, 165 Masters
9. Red: Carlos Nieves, World Class BC, 141 Novice
Blue: David Lenson, Bars Boxing, 141 Novice
10. Red: Edward Sallie, Final Round, 190 Masters
Blue: David Cassidy, Zealous Nation, 190 Masters
11. Red: Randy Zheng, Gym X. 141 J.O.
Blue: Janibek Khotamov, Atlas Cops and Kids, 141 J.O.
12. Red: Paul Fitz James, Gleason's, 178 Masters
Blue: Edward Cannone, Westbory BC, 178 Masters
13. Red: Gabriel Marquez, Unattached, 178 Masters
Blue: Dan Meyers, Unattached, 178 Masters
14. Red: David Micha, Gleason's BC, 152 Masters
Blue: Joseph Messer, Gleason's BC, 152 Masters
For eight days, and seven nights, two reporters conquered 26 shows during the Fashion Week Fall 2012, and lived to tell about it. Shows included Marc Jacobs, Christian Cota, Alexander Wang, Anna Sui, Tracy Reese, Monique Lhuillier, Nicole Miller, Phillip Lim, and many more. Experience the...
Saturday, Feb. 18, Gleason's Gym will be hosting Amateur Boxing night. The fighters who train at Gleason's are dedicated, talented individuals and watching them fight is a fantastic show of their skill. Gleason's is located at 77 Front Street in Dumbo, Brooklyn. If you're looking for something...
The monthly dance party took over the Bell House this past Saturday, February 11, with a banner that read "FURBAN OUTFITTERS," and plenty of cavemen and women living up to the true meaning of "ultimate retro."
Spending an entire winter's day outside in New York City is a thought that would make most people cringe. However, last Saturday I did such a thing, and enjoyed it. I spent the day taking portraits of the attendees of Mercedes Benz Fashion Week 2012. I was fortunate enough to be brought inside...
The "hardest partying queers of downtown" celebrated their first Choice shindig of 2012 with dueling DJs helming an "East Coast West Coast Collision" at Drom in the East Village this past Saturday, January 28.
Wednesday, February 8. San Francisco's Primus came to Brooklyn to play an intimate, 2 set, three hour show for a sold out crowd. Supporting their latest album from ATO Records, Green Naugahyde, the increasingly jam oriented trio extended versions of fan favorites such as Jerry was a Race Car...