The Boldest Street Style at New York Fashion Week
"Most people trip in heels. But when I wear flat shoes, I trip 20 times as opposed to walking in a straight line with heels," said Ivanka Patel, a Boston-based fashion guru dressed up in Audrey Hepburn's classic style. New York Fashion Week, showcasing the Spring 2015 collections, started on September 4 and ended on September 11. But the best style is not just on the runways. It's also on the sidewalks. We spotted some of the boldest street-style looks outside Lincoln Center, where most of the shows were held, and asked the folks to explain their inspirations.
More NYFW SS15 coverage:
- Street Style at New York Fashion Week Photos
- Justine and Jeff Koons Host Young Designer Showcase
- Inside Karen Walker's Secret Garden
- Newcomer Daniel Silverstain Channels Brazilian Futurism
- Australian to Amish with Catherine Litke, Thaddeus O'Neil and Mark & Estel