Sunday, June 15
•“A Father’s Day Gift”: Featuring the Cedar Walton Quartet with Vincent Herring, Kenny Washington, and David Williams. Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture, 3 p.m.
Tuesday, June 17
•“Wild, Wilder Wess”: The music of Frank Wess and Joe Wilder, for which they are joined by Phil Woods, Jon Faddis, Jimmy Heath, Bill Charlap, Roy Hargrove, Winard Harper, Antonio Hart, Russell Malone, Rufus Reid, Rene Rosnes, Warren Vache, Peter Washington, Kenny Washington, and others. Kaye Playhouse, 8 p.m.
• “Legends of the Clarinet”: Tony Scott and Buddy DeFranco with guest clarinetist Perry Robinson and the Bill Mays Trio. Iridium, 8 p.m. and 10 p.m.
Wednesday, June 18
• Cesaria Evora, Lila Downs. Beacon Theatre, 8 p.m.
• “Piano Starts Here” featuring Kenny Barron, Cedar Walton, Bill Charlap, Kenny Werner, Ted Rosenthal, Joey Calderazzo, Elaine Elias, and Eldar Djangirov, with Ray Drummond, Peter Washington, Lewis Nash, and Willie Jones III. Kaye Playhouse, 8 p.m.
• “Legends of the Clarinet”: Tony Scott and Buddy DeFranco with guest clarinetist Don Byron and the Bill Mays Trio. Iridium, 8 p.m. and 10 p.m.
Thursday, June 19
• Carl Allen and New Spirit featuring Mulgrew Miller, Terell Stafford, Donald Harrison, and Ben Wolfe. Studio Museum in Harlem, 7 p.m.
• “Bix Lives On: A Beiderbecke Centennial Celebration” featuring Howard Alden, Joe Ascione, Dan Barrett, Greg Cohen, Jerry Dodgion, Wycliffe Gordon, Jon-Erik Kellso, Dan Levinson, Ken Peplowski, Randy Reinhart, Scott Robinson, Randy Sandke, Mark Shane, and Dick Sudhalter. Kaye Playhouse, 8 p.m. (Pre-concert panel discussion at 6:30 p.m.)
• “Legends of the Clarinet”: Tony Scott and Buddy DeFranco with guest clarinetist Kenny Davern and the Bill Mays Trio. Iridium, 8 p.m. and 10 p.m.
Friday, June 20
• “Movie Music of Spike Lee and Terence Blanchard” featuring Terence Blanchard Band and Orchestra, plus Cassandra Wilson, Bruce Hornsby, Raul Midon, and Angie Stone. Carnegie Hall, 8 p.m.
• “Legends of the Clarinet”: Tony Scott and Buddy DeFranco with guest clarinetist Kenny Davern and the Bill Mays Trio. Iridium, 8 p.m., 10 p.m., and 11:30 p.m.
Saturday, June 21
• “Havana-NY Jam” with Los Van Van, and “Latin Jazz and Salsa” with the Two Worlds of Ray Barretto featuring Adalberto Santiago. Carnegie Hall, 8 p.m.
• “Legends of the Clarinet”: Tony Scott and Buddy DeFranco with guest clarinetist Marty Ehrlich and the Bill Mays Trio. Iridium, 8 p.m., 10 p.m., and 11:30 p.m.
Sunday, June 22
• Chico O’Farrill’s Afro-Cuban Big Band. Birdland, 9 p.m. and 11 p.m.
• “Legends of the Clarinet”: Tony Scott and Buddy DeFranco with guest clarinetist Ronnie Odritch and the Bill Mays Trio. Iridium, 8 p.m. and 10 p.m.
Monday, June 23
• “There’ll Be Another Spring: A Tribute to Peggy Lee” featuring Dee Dee Bridgewater, Shirley Horn, Chris Connor, Freddy Cole, Cy Coleman, Petula Clark, Deborah Harry, Bea Arthur, Ronnie Milsap, Eric Comstock, Jane Monheit, Peter Cincotti, and Maria Muldaur, with Mike Renzi, Bucky Pizzarelli, Jay Leonhart, and Grady Tate. Carnegie Hall, 8 p.m.
• Toshiko Akiyoshi Jazz Orchestra featuring Lew Tabackin and Jon Faddis. Birdland, 9 p.m. and 11 p.m.
• Vanguard Jazz Orchestra featuring guest Jimmy Heath. Village Vanguard, 9 p.m. and 11 p.m.
Tuesday, June 24
• Roy Hargrove’s RH Factor, Maceo Parker. Apollo Theater, 8 p.m.
• “Inside Out: Mainstream Meets the New Music” featuring Randy Sandke and the Inside-out Jazz Collective with Marty Ehrlich, Wycliffe Gordon, Ray Anderson, Uri Caine, Greg Cohen, Dennis MacKrel, Ken Peplowski, and Scott Robinson; Daniel Schnyder and Worlds Beyond featuring Kenny Drew Jr. and Dave Taylor; and Ben Allison’s Medicine Wheel with Ted Nash, Michael Blake, Rufus Cappadocia, and Michael Sarin. Kaye Playhouse, 8 p.m.
• “6 Strings + 88 Keys X 2” featuring duets by Pat Martino and Jim Ridl, and Russell Malone and Benny Green. Birdland, 9 p.m. and 11 p.m.
• Tethered Moon featuring Masabumi Kikuchi, Gary Peacock, and Paul Motian. Village Vanguard, 9 p.m. and 11 p.m.
Wednesday, June 25
• Milwaukee School of the Arts, Northern Illinois University, and East Carolina University. Bryant Park, 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. Free
• Joe Cocker, Los Hombres Calientes featuring Bill Summers and Irvin Mayfield. Avery Fisher Hall, 8 p.m.
• Ornette Coleman Trio with Charnett Moffett and Denardo Coleman, and Charlie Haden’s “American Dreams” featuring Michael Brecker. Carnegie Hall, 8 p.m.
• Machito and the Afro Cubans featuring guest Larry Harlow. Birdland, 9 p.m. and 11 p.m.
• Marilyn Crispell Trio with Mark Helias and Paul Motian. Village Vanguard, 9 p.m. and 11 p.m.
Thursday, June 26
• Hiromi, Rodriguez Brothers. Bryant Park, 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. Free
• Chick Corea and Friends featuring Chick Corea/Gary Burton Duets, Three Quartets Band featuring Michael Brecker, Elektric Band. Avery Fisher Hall, 8 p.m.
• Steve Tyrell and Janis Siegel. Kaye Playhouse, 8 p.m.
• George Wein and the Newport All-Stars featuring Regina Carter and Lew Tabackin, with Rodney Jones, Mark Taylor, and Peter Washington. Birdland, 9 p.m. and 11 p.m.
• Bill McHenry Group with Ethan Iverson, Duane Eubanks, Reid Anderson, Ben Monder, and Paul Motian. Village Vanguard, 9 p.m. and 11 p.m.
Friday, June 27
• Christian McBride Band, the Bad Plus, Belmondo Quintet. Bryant Park, 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. Free
• India.Arie, Me’shell Ndegéocello. Avery Fisher Hall, 8 p.m.
• Dave Brubeck Quartet and Shirley Horn Trio. Carnegie Hall, 8 p.m.
• Illinois Jacquet Big Band. Kaye Playhouse, 8 p.m.
• “Birdland Salutes the Royal Roost” featuring the Tadd Dameron Memorial Sextet with Jimmy Heath, Don Sickler, Jimmy Greene, Michael Weiss, Peter Washington, and Kenny Washington. Birdland, 9 p.m. and 11 p.m.
• Paul Motian’s Electric Bebop Band with Tony Malaby, Chris Cheek, Ben Monder, Steve Cardenas, and Jerome Harris. Village Vanguard, 9 p.m., 11 p.m., and 12:30 a.m.
Saturday, June 28
• The Crusaders with guest vocalist Randy Crawford; Lizz Wright. Avery Fisher Hall, 8 p.m.
• “Life and Music of Wayne Shorter” with Danilo Perez, John Patitucci, and Brian Blade; Herbie Hancock; Savion Glover; and the Festival Chamber Orchestra. Carnegie Hall, 8 p.m.
• Music of J.J. Johnson featuring the Steve Turre Quintet with George Cables and guest Robin Eubanks. Birdland, 9 p.m. and 11 p.m.
• Trio 2000 plus 1 with Tony Malaby, Drew Gress, Masabumi Kikuchi, and Paul Motian. Village Vanguard, 9 p.m., 11 p.m., and 12:30 a.m.
TICKET INFORMATION 212-501-1390, festivalproductions.net
New York Jazz Clubs and Concerts
•Algonquin Hotel Oak Room Mary Cleere Haran in a Bing Crosby Centennial Salute, through June 28. 59 West 54th Street, 212-840-6800
•American Museum of Natural History David Sanchez Quintet, June 6. 79th Street and Central Park West, 212-769-5200
•BAMcafé Greg Osby, June 6 and 7. 30 Lafayette Avenue, Brooklyn, 718-636-4139
•Birdland Barbara Carroll, June 4; Regina Carter, June 5-7; Lew Anderson’s All-American Big Band, June 6; Chico O’Farrill Afro Cuban Jazz Big Band, June 8; Joe Piscopo, June 9; David Ostwald’s Louis Armstrong Centennial Band and Duke Ellington Orchestra, June 10. 315 West 44th Street, 212-581-3080
•Blue Note Larry Carlton, through June 8; “East Meets West Jazz Brunch” featuring the Haru Takamichi Quartet, June 8; Deborah Davis, June 9; “Four Generations of Miles” with Ron Carter, Jimmy Cobb, George Coleman, and Mike Stern, June 10-15. 131 West 3rd Street, 212-475-8592
•Cornelia Street Café Brain Particle Accelerator featuring Joel Newton, Adam Klipple, and JT Lewis, June 4; Michael Kanan Quintet, June 5; Ben Waltzer, June 6; David Bixler Quintet, June 7; Steve Giraldi Trio, June 8; Chris Jentsch Group, June 9; Alexis Cuadrado, June 10. 29 Cornelia Street, 212-989-9319
•Feinstein’s at the Regency “First Family of Cool” featuring John Pizzarelli, Bucky Pizzarelli, Martin Pizzarelli, Jessica Molasky, and Ray Kennedy, through June 21. 540 Park Avenue, 212-307-4100
•55 Bar Mike Stern, June 4; Wayne Krantz, June 5; Brian Charette, Bullet Proof Monk, June 6; George Papageorge, KJ Denhert, June 7; Jim Campilongo, June 8; Mike Stern, June 9; Leni Stern, June 10. 55 Christopher Street, 212-929-9883
•Iridium Martial Solal Trio with guest Lee Konitz, through June 8; Les Paul, June 9; Al DiMeola, June 10-15. 1650 Broadway, 212-582-2121
•Jazz Gallery Khan Jamal Quintet, June 5; Alberto Sanz Quartet, June 6; J.D. Allen Quartet, June 7. 290 Hudson, 212-242-1063.
•Jazz Standard Houston Person Quartet, through June 8; Steven Bernstein’s Millennial Territory Orchestra, June 9; Luciana Souza Quartet, June 10-15. 116 East 27th Street, 212-576-2232
•Knitting Factory The Clean, June 4; Tim Berne’s Big Satan, “Gary Lucas 15 Year Anniversary Show” featuring Gary Lucas with Peter Stampel and Gods & Monsters, June 6; Scissor Sisters, June 7; Big Apple Playback Theatre, the Autumn Rhythm, Currituck County, Landing, June 8; the Haunted Shai Hulud, Bleeding Through, Kataklysm, June 9; Rx Bandits, No Motiv, Fairweather, Steel Train, June 10. 74 Leonard Street, 212-219-3006
•Lenox Lounge Max and Nathan Lewis, June 4; “Jazz Vocalists Jam Session” with the Lafayette Harris Trio, June 8; “Jam Session” with Roy Campbell, June 9. 288 Lenox Avenue, 212-427-0253
•Makor J.C. Hopkins Biggish Band, June 7. 35 West 67th Street, 212-601-1000
•New Jersey Performing Arts Center Tony Bennett, June 7. 1 Centre Street, New Jersey, 888-466-5722.
•Smoke Dr. Lonnie Smith Trio with Peter Bernstein and Jeff “Tain” Watts, June 4-7; Latin Jazz with Chris Washbourne, June 8; “Jam Session” with John Farnsworth Quintet, June 9; Hammond Organ Groove with Eric Alexander, Mike LeDonne, and Joe Farnsworth, June 10. 2751 Broadway, 212-864-6662
•Sweet Rhythm Lake Effect, June 5; Oliver Lake Big Band featuring guest Malachi Thompson, June 6-7; Frank Vignola and Joe Ascione, June 8; Will Calhoun, June 10. 88 Seventh Avenue, 212-255-3626
•Tonic New Circle Quintet with Pauline Oliveros, phOnOmena, June 5; the Bunker, June 6; David Gilmore, cupcake, June 7; Karla Schickele, the Naysayer, Mascott, June 8; Chris Lee, June 10. 107 Norfolk Street, 212-358-7501
•Up Over Jazz Café Kenyatta Beasley Septet, June 4; Marcus Strickland Quartet, June 6-7. 351 Flatbush Avenue, Brooklyn, 718-398-5413.
•Village Vanguard Jim Hall Trio with Scott Colley and Lewis Nash, through June 8; Chucho Valdes Quartet with Wycliffe Gordon, June 10-15. 178 Seventh Avenue South, 212-255-4037
•Walker’s Peter Leitch, June 8. 16 North Moore Street, 212-941-0142