Bush: ‘I hope you all have a happy holiday’
Some of you may have thought this was a confusing and troubling and violent year, but you’re wrong, and George W. Bush backs me up on this.
“I hope you all have a happy holiday,” Bush told the planet yesterday. “This has been a year of strong progress toward a freer, more peaceful world, and a prosperous America.”
Whew! For a minute there, I thought the world was going completely to hell.
Try to be positive, would you? Spread some joy by e-mailing your friends the above card featuring Bush and his buddy Tony Blair.
For those of you still nagged by the notion that things aren’t quite right, take a look at “Fact Sheet: President Bush’s Accomplishments in 2005,” released yesterday by the White House. Here are the section titles:
• A Week Of Accomplishments
• President Bush Is Committed To Winning The War On Terror
• President Bush Is Advancing His Agenda To Maintain A Strong And Vibrant Economy
• The President Nominated Well-Qualified Candidates To The U.S. Supreme Court
• President Bush Has Worked With Congress To Pass Legislation Important To The American People
• The President Is Acting To Help The Gulf Coast Recover From Natural Disaster
• The President Called On Americans To Help Those In The Gulf Coast Region
I told you it was a good year.
And while you’re at it, don’t forget the other fact sheets being issued by your government, including the Pentagon’s latest casualty report.