* “Keep Austin Weird” paraphernalia of any kind.
* An issue of Paste.
* The Japan Night sampler CD.
* A “Fuck Y’all, I’m From Texas” t-shirt. (Tried this once.)
* A tiny stuffed armadillo wearing a cowboy hat. (Tried this too.)
* Driskill stationary.
* Earplugs, slightly used.
* The clap.
* A towel soaked in Lou Reed’s sweat.
* A Segway made up to look like a giant cup of iced coffee. (Good idea but difficult to transport.)
* A plastic mold that will imprint the image of the Virgin Mary onto a piece of toast. (Trying it this year, very excited.)
This article from the Village Voice Archive was posted on March 16, 2008