Tickets for the Lee Schrager-produced New York Wine and Food Festival will go on sale this Monday; you can buy them at festival’s website or by calling 866-969-2933.
Festival details from the press release after the jump.
• The weekend-long festival kicks off Thursday evening (October 9) with CHELSEA AFTER DARK. Experience the gourmet wonderworld of New York’s famous Chelsea Market like never before with exclusive behind-the-scenes Market experiences and tastings of some of the city’s best food and wine led by Food Network’s Bobby Flay.
• The grills heat up Friday night (October 10) at the Tobacco Warehouse in the DUMBO section of Brooklyn when Rachael Ray hosts the MGM Grand at Foxwoods BURGER BASH Presented by Blue Moon. A perennial favorite at the South Beach Festival, New Yorkers will have the chance to savor all the fun as New York’s top chefs and restaurants including Tom Colicchio (Craftsteak), David Burke, (David Burke Prime), Laurent Tourondel, (BLT Burger), Katie Lee Joel (The Comfort Table) and Michael Lomonaco (Porter House New York) to name a few will compete for the title of “Best Burger”. Capping a night of Blue Moon beer and burgers, DUMBO pioneer Jacques Torres (Jacques Torres Chocolate) will serve his delectable brownies and giant chocolate chip cookies and Junior’s will serve up its world’s most fabulous cheesecakes.
• The streets of the Meatpacking District will be electric Friday night (October 10) as the neighborhood hosts Meatpacking Uncorked. The Festival’s kick-off party for the
Meatpacking District promises to be the event that can’t be missed. The district’s chic boutiques will flow with the finest wines from the Southern Wine & Spirits of New York portfolio. Drinking, eating and shopping in the district will be infused with the bedlam of performance artists, musicians, and other sexy and sophisticated spectacles.
• Friday night (October 10) rages on at DailyCandy’s Midnight Music and Munchies late- night party featuring customized playlists by The Spotted Pig’s Ken Friedman, tasty snacks and late-night bites and live musical performances from some of New York’s Top Chefs.
• On Friday and Saturday (October 10 – 11) The New York Times will host a series of
exclusive TimesTalks events at TheTimesCenter, the Renzo Piano-designed headquarters of The New York Times. Panel discussions will feature the top minds of the culinary industry including Alice Waters, Anthony Bourdain, Ferrán Adrià, Gordon Ramsay and Nigella Lawson.
• On Saturday night (October 11), world-renowned, Michelin-starred chef Alain Ducasse will host J’adore Adour, a private dinner at Adour Restaurant, that promises to be a culinary event to remember.
• Also on Saturday night (October 11) is RED hosted by 5-time James Beard Award winner Tom Colicchio at his Meat Packing District gem, Craftsteak. This red themed dinner with special guest Alfred Portale of New York’s famed Gotham Bar & Grill will feature a multi- course family style meal of decadent red meat and fabulous red wine poured by Jess Jackson, founder of Jackson Family Wines.
• Building on its success in 2007, the late-night dessert party, Ferrero® Chocolates Present SWEET Sponsored by Perrier-Jouët and Absolut Vodka, Hosted by Duff Goldman returns Saturday night (October 11) and will feature delicious creations from chef Goldman and New York’s premiere pastry chefs, chocolatiers, bakers, confectioners and cheese makers.
• You love them on the Food Network and on Saturday and Sunday (October 11 -12) your favorite stars such as Rachael Ray, Paula Deen, Alton Brown, Giada De Laurentiis, Tyler Florence, Guy Fieri and Bobby Flay will be performing live culinary demonstrations at the Highline Ballroom and Comix.
• Del Posto and the Hotel Gansevoort will play host to the festival’s not-to-be-missed wine and spirits seminars on Saturday and Sunday (October 11-12). Wine pairing seminars will be hosted by Josh Wesson and Anthony Giglio and will feature Godiva and Barilla pairings. For serious wine aficionados, seminars will feature Rubicon Estate, a vertical tasting of Ruffino’s Riserva Ducale Oro, Sandeman Ports, Southern Italian wines from Palm Bay Imports, Chateau Mouton Rothschild and Castello Banfi Estate.
• In between culinary demonstrations and wine seminars, the Grand Tasting Presented by ShopRite at Pier 54 in Hudson River Park will offer the ultimate gastronomic adventure where guests will enjoy delicious samples from their favorite New York restaurants and world-renowned makers of wines and spirits from the Southern Wine & Spirits of New York portfolio.