So much to eat…
Serious Eats’ Adam Kuban came across this list called The Omnivore’s 100—a quirky run-down of foods that every omnivore should try at least once—everything from bagels and lox to whole bugs and Hostess fruit pies. Very Good Taste, the UK-based blog that came up with the idea, asks that other bloggers copy the list, bolding the items you’ve eaten and crossing out the items you wouldn’t consider eating. Fun stuff.
Lists beget more lists, so I thought I’d put together a Traveling Omnivore’s 20: A run-down of my 20 top, must-have, location-specific eats. I’ve bolded the ones I’ve tried.
What would you add? What have you tried?
1. Assam laksa in Singapore
2. Barbecued brisket in Texas
3. Uni sushi in Tokyo
4. Fried fish tacos in Ensenada, Baja Mexico
5. Pav Bhaji in Bombay
6. Stuffed quahogs on Cape Cod
7. Wine in Sonoma Valley
8. Beef rendang in Indonesia
9. Pizza in New York
10. Grilled steak in Argentina
11. Boudin noir in Paris
12. Fried oyster po’boy in New Orleans
13. Banh beo in Vietnam
14. Braaied game in South Africa
15. Prawn curry in Goa
16. Hot pot in Szechuan province
17. A carnitas taco from a taco truck in LA
18. Jerked chicken in Jamaica
19. Barbecued burnt ends in Kansas City
20. Single-malt scotch in Scotland