The liberal media have done it again! They are advancing the Obama socialist agenda by hiring Erick Erickson, an author from the rightwing website RedState, as a commentator on CNN, aka the Clinton News Network.
It is not immediately clear how this advances the liberal agenda, but you can bet those clever MSM bastards are up to something — maybe another Ben Domenech plagiarism scandal to discredit the movement. Watch your back, Erick!
Here’s a quick look at how Erickson has defended God, Liberty, and Jesus in his writings:
• Three days after Obama’s inauguration, Erickson posted something entitled “Barack Obama’s Dangerous Game Starts the Process Toward Our Deaths.”
• When President Obama publicly mourned the deaths of some CIA operatives in an attack in Afghanistan — which deaths had already been reported — Erickson said Obama had thus “delivered a huge, HUGE psychological win to Al Qaeda.” How? The President’s statement, Erickson wrote, “acknowledges that the attack has an impact on the CIA, and gives the terrorists a new recruiting tool — ‘you too can cause America to publicly mourn the loss of their spies.’ ” Because before that, they didn’t know we cared.
• Erickson celebrated Ted Kennedy’s brief recovery from brain cancer thus: “The sad and tragic irony is that when Senator Kennedy returns to work, he will actively work to deny you the access to treatment he himself had.” Under Obamacare, just try getting radiation treatments for your whitlow — they’ll be saving that for their buddies! (When Kennedy died, Erickson said, “I can’t say that I’ll miss him.”)
• Erickson was awarded the Black Knight Trophy for his declaration after the defeat of conservative Doug Hoffman in NY-23 that “this is a huge win for conservatives.”
• Like old-time Soviet bureaucrats, Erickson is very fond of conservative purges and has even established something called “Operation Leper” to “publicly expose and actively oppose those McCain staffers now savaging Sarah Palin with lies and distortions of her record.”
(Palin-protecting seems to infuse Erickson with a kind of noble nerdism: When she quit the Alaska governorship, Erickson compared it to “Ben Kenobi letting Darth Vader strike him down… by doing this she can now become Barack Obama’s worst nightmare.” When other people were obsessing over Palin’s shorts on the cover of Newsweek, Erickson obsessed on the cover line, “How Do You Solve A Problem Like Sarah?” Noticing that the line echoes a song from The Sound of Music, Erickson asked, “Does This Mean Newsweek Stands in For the Nazis?“)
Erickson, who had previously been tongue-bathed by Newsweek, joins David Brooks, Ross Douthat, the editorial board of the Wall Street Journal, and hundreds of other non-existent conservative journalists working in the liberal media.