Data Entry Services
• Police have made an arrest in the Times Square bombing case. Faisal Shahzad, 30, a naturalized U.S. citizen from Pakistan who lived in Connecticut, was on board an Emirates flight bound for Dubai when federal investigators and police arrested him. He is expected to be charged today in federal court.
• The death toll rises to 28 across the Southeast due to weekend storms and flash flooding. Much of downtown Nashville remains underwater, and officials are concerned flooding may knock out the city’s water supply.
• Natavia Lowery was sentenced to 25 years to life in prison for bludgeoning to death Linda S. Stein, a real estate agent and former Ramones manager.
• There’s more volcanic ash coming from Iceland, and flights are being disrupted yet again, this time in Ireland, Northern Ireland, and parts of Scotland.
• Governor Paterson has announced he will create a panel to help legal immigrants with old or minor criminal convictions avoid deportation.
• BP is still trying to stop the oil spill in the Gulf (working on at least 5 different approaches), which President Obama has called “a potentially unprecedented environmental disaster.”
• Michelle Obama’s first Tweet was made on Saturday at the White House Correspondents Dinner: “from flotus: ‘here at dinner this is officially my first Tweet. i am looking forward to some good laughs from the potus and jay.’ “