News & Politics

Man Eats Slugs, Almost Dies

by

Friends, if you needed more of a reason to avoid lunching on slugs than simply looking at them, take a lesson from the 21-year-old Australian man who contracted a rare “rat lungworm parasite” (yum) from chowing on two slugs — on a dare, of course.

The parasite, which is passed to slugs from rodent droppings (double yum), causes a type of meningitis that can lead to swelling of the brain and spinal cord and has been known to be fatal.

“It’s a real warning for people not to eat a slug,” said a relative.

Word is, the slug eater, who spent the past month in the hospital, will recover.

More:

Most Popular