Data Entry Services
• There were no party crashers at the second Obama state dinner last night. But Eva Longoria Parker and Whoopi Goldberg were there, as well as “bold shades of fuchsia, tangerine and crisp blue.” Also, White House Chief of Protocol Capricia Penavic Marshall fell on the steps, and Michelle got a new ‘do.
• The MTA plans to break off its longtime relationship with Goldman Sachs, who earned $28.8 million in fees from 2000 to 2008 as the company’s financial adviser, as well as several million from interest rate swaps. The MTA says this is not related to recent charges against the firm.
• Suddenly everybody wants to be in Brooklyn: After Barneys Coop announced its foray into the borough, stores including North Face, Anthropologie, and Swarovski Crystal are looking for retail space in Cobble Hill.
• Teachers are having a hard time getting a job nowadays.
• Art heist: Five paintings worth an estimated $613 million have been stolen from the Paris Museum of Modern Art. The take includes a Picasso and a Matisse.
• Faisal Shahzad keeps asking investigators why his bomb didn’t go off. “Experts said the bomb had been poorly constructed with a nest of wires, battery-operated alarm clocks and heavy bags of fertilizer that couldn’t explode.”
• EV Grieve does the numbers on storefronts on Avenue A. 39 are mom-and-pop shops, 31 are bars, 28 are restaurants, 16 are “regular businesses,” and 18 are empty, according to his calculations.