Data Entry Services
• In the wake of Tropical Storm Agatha, there is a giant sinkhole in Guatemala City, and it is terrifying. “It may look like it’s impossible to fix, but we’ve done it before,” says David de Leon, spokesman for the Guatemala disaster response agency. Video of the sinkhole here.
• BP has lost a third of its market value, or about $75 billion, since the oil rig exploded on April 20. Shares fell an additional 15% yesterday.
• Israel has started to deport the activists captured during the raid on the Gaza aid flotilla that killed 9 and has led to a surge in international criticism against the country.
• The SEC is trying to bar Steven Rattner, a Wall Street financier and former adviser to the Obama administration on the auto industry, from working in the securities industry for up to three years as punishment for paying off a political operative. He is resisting.
• Sonja Morgan, newbie to the reality drama-thon Real Housewives of New York, got a DWI in Southampton Monday morning. She’ll fit in just right.
• Students at the John Bowne elementary school in Flushing, Queens, got sick yesterday from drinking from water fountains that were contaminated by an air-conditioning chemical, the Department of Education said.
• Kirsten Dunst does not smoke pot.