And…we’re back, after some technical troubles yesterday. Happy wet Wednesday!
• The Obama family’s vacation on Martha’s Vineyard is so far a bit of a washout. The POTUS has only gotten in two rounds of golf, and has mostly been hunkered down inside playing Scrabble, Taboo, and reading with friends and family. Hang in there, guys — the weather’s supposed to lift tomorrow. Well, even if it doesn’t, Obama claims he’s “having a great time.” [WP, NYT]
• Housing sales in July dropped to their lowest level in more than a decade. According to the National Association of Realtors, the seasonally adjusted annual sales rate was 25.5 percent below the level a year ago. [NYT]
• LIRR commuting delays continue. [ABC]
• In the primaries, Alaskan incumbent Senator Lisa Murkowski is trailing Tea-Party-and-Palin-supported Joe Miller. And in Arizona, Senator John McCain is projected to have won against former U.S. Representative and conservative talk show host J.D. Hayworth, while Ben Quayle — yes, that Quayle — is projected to have won in the Arizona 3rd Congressional District. [CNN]
• Lindsay Lohan was released from rehab after 23 days of what was originally to have been a 90-day stay. [TMZ]
• East Village institution Ray of Ray’s Candy Store will appear on CNNmoney.com sometime between tonight and Friday, providing advice on money matters and good business practices. [EV Grieve]
• In New York City, we salsa in the streets! [Bowery Boogie]