Sure, sure, a new year is now upon us, but as we usher in 2011, let’s take a quick look down memory lane to see what stories reigned supreme on Fork in the Road in 2010. Come relive the year of Padma, the Pizzacone, and eating in Times Square.
10. Padma Lakshmi is a hottie. We think so, and so do you, readers. Presumably her baby will be too, as Padma Lakshmi With Child was the 10th most popular story on the blog this year. Maybe “Padma Lakshmi With Toddler” will be No. 1 in 2011.
9. As professional eaters, we have to consume a lot, both the good and the bad. Luckily, you can avoid the over-hyped with Our 10 Most Overrated Restaurants.
8. Gidget, Taco Bell’s beloved Chihuahua, loves to down all sorts of Mexican delights. But do real-life doggies think outside the bun? We found out in Will a Chihuahua Actually Eat Taco Bell?
7. Times Square isn’t known as a destination for gourmands. However, we looked beyond the Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. and found some quality chow options in The 10 Best Things to Eat Around Times Square, NYC.
6. Americans might be most familiar with barbecue and sour cream and onion-flavored potato chips, but those wacky Brits flavor their spuds with Worcester sauce and roast chicken. Check out Battle of the Weird-Ass British Potato Chips, Oops! Crisps to see which oddball flavor rules on this side of the pond.
5. K! Pizzacone closed fairly recently, but relive the awfulness that once was with Feeding Frenzy of Food Journalists Descends on K! Pizzacone. You’ll quickly realize why it shuttered.
4. Our 10 Best neighborhood roundups are pretty popular, and Our 10 Best East Village Restaurants was no exception. Did your favorite make the cut?
3. Thought Sbarro was the worst grub in Times Square? You’re close, but we’ve found something even inferior. Check out The 10 Worst Things to Eat Around Times Square for the full wrap-up. Then proceed to never eat any of them.
2. Keep forgetting that the “h” in “huitlacoche” is silent? Get thee to the 43 Most Mispronounced Food Words for a primer on all things food-speak.
1. And, finally, the biggest story of the year: a departure from the foodie culture of New York with the 10 Fast Food Items That Don’t Totally Suck. The french fries at Five Guys, the Whopper at Burger King, and the McRib at McDonalds all made the top five. But what’s No. 1?
Have a tip or restaurant-related news? Send it to email@example.com.