Just when you hadn’t thought about Sting or Trudie Styler since the last time you played (and lost) that “Roxanne” drinking game, here the handsome couple are again, right in your face, smack dab in the middle of the otherwise fairly SFW pages of Harper’s Bazaar (photos taken by no other than Mr. Terry Richardson). Within those pages, we learn that, despite the advancing age of the two, and their presumably wrinkled loins, they have sex drives, too!
[Eds. remain in heated debate this morning as to whether the Sting and Trudie pics or the “rat on man’s face in subway” video wins for grossest morning imagery.]
In the article, we learn the following gems:
• After posing for Richardson, Sting said, “That was like tantric filmmaking.”
• “We don’t get bored,” Styler says. “Being apart juices the relationship,” Sting explains. “When we see each other, it’s romance. I don’t think pedestrian sex is very interesting. There’s a playfulness we have; I like the theater of sex. I like to look good. I like her to dress up. I like to dress her up.”
• What’s the most romantic thing they’ve ever done for each other? “Romantic? We like tawdry.”
• Styler’s legs look like those of a 20-year-old Rockette, while Sting’s toned torso is giving off a little bit of Baryshnikov.
• What is their greatest indulgence?
Hey, we’re so, so happy that oldsters continue to get it on well into their would-be-graying-if-not-for-the-miracles-of-hair-dye decline. And yay for celebrities who’ve been together since 1992! But do you really have to tell us about it? Or touch tongues in the pages of a monthly magazine? We think not. One couple’s tantric is another person’s “No one wants to hear about that.”