PETA Applauds Taco Bell for Cutting Out Meat; Stephen Colbert’s Answer is to Just Eat More


Not everyone is pissed at Taco Bell for skimping on real meat in its taco fillings. PETA recently posted on its blog that it’s the 35 percent meat people should be upset about — not the other 65 percent, which is made up of oats, yeast, soybeans, corn starch, citric acid, and various artificial seasonings. Says PETA:

Considering how much gross stuff is often found in ground beef (saturated fat, cholesterol, hormones, antibiotics, E. coli, etc.) one would think that would be grounds for a lawsuit, not the other 65 percent. … Since Taco Bell’s “beef” is already mostly vegan, why not go all the way?

Stephen Colbert weighed in on the issue last night. His answer? If each Beefy Crunch Burrito contains only 35 percent beef, just eat three. Click through for the clip.

The Colbert Report Mon – Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
Gordita Supreme Court
Colbert Report Full Episodes Political Humor & Satire Blog Video Archive

Have a restaurant tip or other food news? Send it to

Most Popular