Yesterday, an elderly woman knocked over a candle, accidentally setting her Bronx apartment on fire. She happened to also be the owner of 36 cats. Five of them were killed in the blaze. The woman was not seriously hurt. This is awful, of course, but it could be worse: Her neighbors say they’ve been “suffering from the stench of the unwashed felines for more than a decade.” Yuck. Words that will go down in history:
“I’ve bought eight Airwicks,” said Vanessa Melendez, 39.
36 cats is too many, people. So is 31.