Feeling nostalgic for a past long before his own, Matt Kimmett posted this photograph to Freddy’s Bar’s Facebook page.
The image was apparently taken in the space that housed the original bar on Dean Street, although long before it became Freddy’s. Kimmett, one of the bar’s new owners, along with Matt Kuhn and Donald O’Finn, dates the old-timey pic to 1952. It must have been a sad day, from the looks of it. The barflies look like their team just lost. Maybe it’s just last call.
Have a restaurant tip or other food news? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
And follow us on Twitter: @ForkintheRoadVV.