It’s not as absurd as the time they offered a personalized paparazzi experience, but it’s still pretty damn extravagant: today, Gilt City New York, the daily deals site’s local arm, is offering an “All-Inclusive Same-Sex Wedding for 100 Guests” in association with Del Posto, which earned New York Times restaurant critic Sam Sifton’s first four-star review back in September, up from Frank Bruni’s three-star rating in 2006. The affair for sale includes all of the trappings of a classy ceremony in addition to the basics, including bouquets, boutonnieres, chairs and a jazz band, plus an open bar, a wedding cake and a private preparation suite. The pricetag? $30,000.
Committed buyers can choose from seven dates beginning on Monday, July 25 and including the next two weekends. Here’s the full list of perks:
• Standing wedding ceremony location, to include setup (chairs) and music during ceremony
• Bridal party bouquets and boutonnieres
• Cocktail reception for one hour to include chef’s selection of passed assaggi
• Four-course seated dinner: antipasto, primo, guests’ choice of secondi, dolce
• Premium open bar throughout
• Wedding cake
• Tables set with Masa & Frette white linens and silver candelabras with white candles as centerpieces
• Five-piece Del Posto jazz band (four-piece band plus vocalist) and space for dancing
• Use of Gattinara Room as private suite for getting ready prior to the ceremony
Not included are “paper goods (stationery, place cards, programs, thank you notes), wedding attire (wedding gown, tuxedos, etc.), officiant, transportation and photography/video.”
Or a spouse! Are enough devoted couples ready to drop such big dollars right away for a prepackaged event? We suppose it could also double as a really nice get-together. With cake.
This article from the Village Voice Archive was posted on July 8, 2011