The leather-clad Los Angelenos Hunx And His Punx bring some proudly poppy pep and a zany attitude to their girl-group/doo-wop stylings. Live, the Oakland transplants’ candy-coated tunes and catty, filthy stage banter giggle-up crowds and turn bars into parties that feel like they could turn into meetings of the make out club. When I saw them at the Mercury Lounge earlier this month, Mr. Hunx (a.k.a. Seth Bogart) could’ve told the audience the price of a slice down the street and they would’ve keeled over from laughter en masse. But while Bogart’s knack for naughty jokes and knowledge of every great discount dildo shop in America are impressive, he also knows from his Ronettes and Nikki and the Corvettes records. So, Seth, do dish…
The Five Worst Lubricants:
2. Bug-killing spray
5. Anything hippie and natural
The Five Worst Things About Living In Oakland:
2. Everyone’s so into anything “local.” It’s, like, so limiting!!!!
3. I wanna be international, people.
4. Why do all the white punk people pretend they’re poor, even if they’re from rich-as-fuck families?
5. “I’m a celebrity, get me out of here!”
The Five Best Things About Living In Oakland:
2. My former hair salon Down At Lulu’s
3. It’s easy as 1-2-3 to become a “local” celebrity
4. Children’s Fairyland
New York’s Five Most “Inviting” Clubs At Approximately 4:15 In The morning
1. I’m a grandma—I don’t go out to nightclubs!
2. The Cock
3. Andrew Martini’s QxBxRx
4. The Cock
5. Wacky’s Place
Hunx & His Punx play the Knitting Factory with Natural Child, the Beets, and Making Friendz Saturday night.