Data Entry Services
They’re all in John DiLeo‘s new book, Screen Savers II: My Grab Bag of Classic Movies, and not surprisingly, a bunch of them involve Susan Hayward.
In fact, as anyone with any breeding knows, the above scene has Hayward as aging battle-ax Helen Lawson getting into a tussle with Patty Duke as pill-popping Neely O’Hara in that immortal battle of the barracudas, Valley of the Dolls.
Well, DiLeo has included that one, while also listing some other memorable big-screen catfights, and made it a guessing game.
Here’s his list of the two-actress combos and then the movies they might be from.
And you have to match them up.
Without Googling, or I’ll rip your wig off!
1. Susan Hayward/Marsha Hunt
2. Susan Hayward/Eleanor Todd
3. Susan Hayward/Patty Duke. (If you don’t get this one right, you’re not much of a listener.)
4. Ann Miller/Dolores Gray
5. Joan Bennett/Vivian Blaine
6. Jane Wyman/Alexis Smith
7. Barbara Stanwyck/Dorothy Burgess
8. Rosalind Russell/Paulette Godard
9. Marlene Dietrich/Una Merkel
10. Dorothy Malone/Virginia Mayo
And the movies:
A. Here Comes the Groom
B. Destry Rides Again
C. The Women
D. Valley of the Dolls
E. Colorado Territory
F. Ladies They Talk About
G. The Lusty Men
H. The Opposite Sex
I. Nob Hill
J. Smash-Up: The Story of a Woman