Data Entry Services
Tonight is Taste of Nation’s charity event, and to kick it off, chef Max Hardy, personal chef for New York Knicks’ Amar’e Stoudemire, will be preparing some of his favorite grilled dishes at the dinner.
For those unable to make it, he has shared with us a recipe for his cilantro-lime sweet potato.
Grilled Cilantro-Lime Sweet Potato
5 each sweet potato, cut into four pieces lengthwise (wedges)
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup lime juice
3 tablespoons white balsamic glaze
3 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your gas grill on medium. If using charcoal, allow coal to turn ash gray.
2. Spray your grill lightly with cooking spray.
3. In large mixing bowl, toss sweet potato with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
4. Sear the product on a 45-degree angle on the grill.
5. After two to three minutes, turn 90 degrees, creating a diamond pattern on the potatoes.
6. Flip on opposite side and cook to desired doneness.
7. For the glaze, mix the cilantro, brown sugar, white balsamic, and lime juice in mixing bowl.
8. Once the potatoes are fork-tender, toss in the glaze.
9. Serve along with your favorite grilled poultry and beef, or enjoy as an entrée.