Data Entry Services
This week Counter Culture dive bombs into Yunnan Kitchen, which name checks a remote region in southwest China famous for its mushrooms and non-Chinese ethnicities. While I sometimes found the food blander than it ought to be, there were several electrifying dishes, of which the 5 best are enumerated here.
5. Fingerling Potato and Shishito Pepper Shao Kao (above) — These sprice-rubbed shish kebabs pack a lot of flavor and the premium quality of the raw materials put the dish over the top.
4. Crispy Whole Shrimp — A plenitude of shrimp, shell on, are fried with lime leaf. Both go crunch for an aromatic tour-de-force. Yes, you must eat the heads for maximum effect.
3. Tofu Ribbon Salad — Yuba has rarely had a better showcase than this light salad dressed with mint and cilantro.
2. Fried Potato Balls — Don’t know how they got them so perfectly round, and even if they weren’t they’d be utterly enjoyable.
1. Cold Noodle — Though these are not the Cross the Bridge Noodles the province is famous for, they’re damn good, perfect summer cooling far featuring ground pork, herbs, and peanuts.
79 Clinton Street