Saturday’s three-alarm fire at the South Street Seaport, which temporarily suspended the Voice‘s 4Knots Music Festival, was caused by faulty electrical wiring, according to a New York Fire Department spokesman.
The Wall Street Journal reports:
The Saturday afternoon fire sent plumes of smoke billowing from the Lower Manhattan area that could be seen for miles. Investigators determined that faulty wiring located underneath the thick wood that makes up Pier 17 was the cause, a New York City Fire Department spokesman said. The wiring powers lighting and vending machines at the pier.
It took 150 firefighters on the ground and from water units more than an hour to bring the fire under control. No one was injured.
And the show (and afterparty) went on! Check out all our 4Knots Music Festival coverage.