The finalists for the 2012 Vendy Cup, which celebrates the best food vendors in the city, have been announced. The nominees are below:
1) Cinnamon Snail: spicy, bold organic vegan food, and fresh-made doughnuts and pastries.
2) Piaztlan Authentic Mexican Food: traditional Mexican food, but specialty is tacos.
3) Hamza and Madina Halal Food: Middle Eastern with an Afghani touch to it.
4) Uncle Gussy’s: pork chops and oven roasted lemon
5) Xin Jiang Prosperity Kebabs: lamb kebabs, made the authentic Xin Jiang way.
6) Tortas Nezas: tortas, each named after one of Mexico’s soccer teams.
The winner will be announced on September 15 from 12:30 to 5 p.m. on Governors Island. General admission tickets is $95, which includes all the food you can eat and an open bar of wine, beer, and non-alcoholic beverages.