Today is National Bologna Day. We know, this rocks. Head on down to your local deli (or Katz’s) and dig in to our guiltiest deli pleasure.
Looking for a way to dress up this unfancy meat at home? Here are five suggestions:
1. Grill a few slices and slam them between a bun for a crisp alternative to a burger.
2. Cut up pieces of standard deli bologna and put them inside a flour tortilla. Melt some cheese. Add onions and salsa. Now you have a homemade bologna quesadilla.
3. Wrap a slice of bologna around a hot dog. Fry it up in a pan. Not as good as bacon, but definitely cheaper.
4. Bite out two holes for eyes, one for a nose, and one for a mouth. Bologna face!
5. Smack it between two pieces of Wonder bread and call yourself happy.