Today’s news roundup is brought to you by Thank God It’s Friday.
• Detectives solve a 35-year-old murder, just like on that show on TV. (Spoiler: A guy in Buffalo did it.)
• A man was shot in Queens, then got in a car crash on the way to the hospital. And you thought your day was tough.
• A group of marauding youths are targeting (and beating) tiny little Asian women, 50-70 years old, on the Lower East Side. Not nice.
• Bloomberg says no layoffs for the NYPD next year.
• 2009 was the most suspicious year yet for Swiss banks, which exist primarily to be suspicious.
• Paterson is withholding people’s raises. Which does not endear people to him much.
• Meanwhile, the economy is looking up. But no one really wants to say that, for some reason.
• Are you a fearless Superwoman kind of gal, unafraid to explore uncharted Internetty lands where bloggers have feared to go before? Alicia Keys is searching for a head blogger — “just the right person to help me express a point of view that I don’t think exists yet in the blog world.”
• Tiger, a 19-year-old cat in England, is scaring the crap out of mailmen.